This exciting, in depth course is aimed at more experienced Logic Pro users or those who have successfully taken part in Point Blank's Logic Pro Course. We examine cutting edge sampling techniques using the EXS24 and how to use automation to bring your tracks to life. Students get to grips with audio recording and editing. These techniques are essential if you want to be able to record vocals, guitar or other instruments in your work. Upload your music for DVR™ - expert analysis and video feedback on your work from a pro producer. And with Point Blank sponsors Universal and Island Records checking out the best of the student tracks, your music could make some moves for you while you are with us.
Includes over 130 quality videos/ frequent DVR™ (1-2-1 video feedback)/ 12 hours live masterclasses/ 1 year access/ over 240 pages of course notes/ 24/7 access to forum/ exclusive audio resources to download. Optional: sign your track to Point Blank Music distributed by iTunes, beatport, Juno Download and Amazon.
- What is analog synthesis? Theory explained
- Oscillator, Filter and envelope sections
- Using the ES1 & ES2 in Logic
Analog Synthesis (part 2)
- Modulation and routing (ES1 & ES2)
- Envelopes, LFOs, portamento.
- Classic synths
Extra Production Techniques
- Using the environment in Logic Pro
- Arpeggiator and chord memorizer
- MIDI control and hyper draw
The EXS24 Sampler part 1
- The benefits of sampling over audio editing
- Importing samples into your sampler (EXS24)
- Configuring multiple outputs, creating instruments
- Multi-sampling and velocity switching
- Modulation: envelopes filters and LFO
- Adding MIDI control to parameters
Recording and Editing Vocals
- Setting up a good recording environment
- Recording overdubs and backing vocals
- Editing and "comping" the best take
Using Flex Time
- Using the various algorithms
- Working with markers
- Manipulating & Extracting groove
Creative Audio Editing
- What is timestretching and how is it used?
- What is pitchshifting and how is it used?
- Creative audio processing. Key tips & tricks
Mixing (part 1)
- The channel strip: editing channel settings
- Grouping tracks: why & how?
- Stereo enhancement plug-ins
Week 10: Mixing (part 2)
- How to use EQ in Logic Pro
- How and when to use compression, effects routing
- Using insert effects and FX channel tracks
- Automating volume, effects, and EXS24 parameters
- Automating synth parameters
- Editing Automation
Final Project & Exam
- Basic mastering techniques
- Audio mixdown
- Submit final project and sit final test