It is impossible to ignore the merits of Serato Scratch Live if you are looking into the world of Digital DJing in the 21st century. This course is the short cut to playing dynamite, professional DJ sets in clubs with crowds going nuts for the music! Find out how to use this awesome software to the max at every phase of the process including getting your set ready, mixing/beat matching, scratching, multi deck mixing, adding your own loops, samples and effects, utilizing the Rane TTM 57 SL mixer to work with Serato Scratch Live and using controllers. Watch and learn as DMC champion DJ Blakey takes you through your scratching paces. Get ready for the fast track ride to DJing excellence.
Includes over 85 quality videos / frequent DVR™ (1-2-1 video feedback)/ 4 hours live masterclasses /1 year access / over 80 pages of course notes / 24/7 access to forum / exclusive audio resources to download. Optional: sign your track to Point Blank Music distributed by iTunes, beatport, Juno Download and Amazon.
Using Scratch Live
- Setting up crates/ playlists/ i-tunes library
- Analysing your music- detecting BPM
- Relocating lost files
- Using Crates: track info, smart crates
- Modes: Internal, relative & absolute
Mixing with Scratch Live
- Vinyl control options: cue points, graphic display
- Cue Points: creating, deleting, triggering
- Beat matching tips
- Use Scratch Live with 1 deck and a mixer
- 4 Deck Mixing with SL 3
Effects, Loops & Samples
- Creating, fine tuning, saving and triggering loops
- Activating/ using built in effects
- Triggering samples from sample player
- Trigger Scratch Live with Rane mixer
- Scratch techniques:transforming, chirps
Recording & Using Controllers
- Novation Dicer: loops, roll effects, hot cues
- Converting vinyl to digital
- Recording/sampling mic; entire mix (SL3 & SL4)
- Video SL: assigning video clips, transitional FX
- Scratching techniques: Flare, Crab
Edith Bowman, Radio 1 hotjock, BBC personality and general all round fab person recently took the 'DJ Skills with Serato Scratch Live' course and had this to say:
"It's all ace and explained brilliantly" which says it all really. To experience what Edith did, enrol now!
Gary Russell Course rating: 8/10
Being brand new to Serato scratch live, coming from Traktor pro, I had been using the 'sync' function, and as such, beatmatching was entirely new to me. Mr Bristow is an excellent tutor, and certainly knows his stuff, which is clearly evident in the DVRs. Looking forward to my next Ableton Performance/DJ course :)
Giuseppe Anelli Course rating: 10/10
I thought the course notes was very well put. The tutor Mr. Bristow was very knowledgeable and was a very great help. Cheers!
Christopher Jimenez Course rating: 7/10
Kevin Smith Course rating: 10/10
Ben is very knowledgable & offered tips throughout the course. The course itself is packed with information. I enjoyed this course & learned a lot.
Raynell Valencia Course rating: 9/10
A unique experience, good professor, at the end I learn a lot of thing I dont understand before, from beginner this course is excelent to take the next level in music. My tutor Ben always answer all my questions and make video to help me understand the dynamic and practice like he say a lot, keep like that.